The Major Scale
Time to put my practice skills to the test.
I am currently practicing a technique called legato.
Sunday 15 min
Legato is not the major scale.
I will try to play a legato mixolydian.
I’ll let you know how it goes.
I am learning to play a lick from Terrapin Station. The riff is made up of notes that fall on the mixolydian scale. I am doing it by ear, but also looking a video of Jerry playing Wolf in ‘78. Terrapin Video
Update:
It is 9/25/26. I am playing guitar because someone screamed "You Suck"! That's the whole reason I named this blog Grimacing Tide. A dude yelling at you just becomes noise. Bring it on.
Uh-Oh. That means I have to practice. Funny word, practice. Whenever I think of it, I think of how boring and frustrating it is to do over and over and over and over. But, I also know the thrill of having it pay off to practice so I can perform. So how do I become a person who just practices and doesn't try to find an excuse to get out from under the work?
Anyway, I'm trying to learn the solo from "Weezer's Say It Ain't So." I'll let you know how it goes.
Anyway, I'm trying to learn the solo from "Weezer's Say It Ain't So." I'll let you know how it goes.
Comments
Post a Comment